Help Us Eliminate Needless Blindness.
The Himalayan Cataract Project Sustainers Circle is a community of donors dedicated to eliminating needless blindness around the world. Our Sustainers Circle provides steady, reliable funding allowing us to enhance our impact while maximizing the resources we direct to programs (and minimizing those directed to fundraising).
Benefits to our Sustainers Circle members:
- Sustained giving enables you to budget your philanthropic giving over the course of a year, leveraging a monthly gift into greater annual impact
- An environmentally friendly and cost-effective giving option: more money can go to the programs you care about, keeping fundraising costs low, while also reducing paper, stamps and postal resources
- A designated staff member, Dana Coste, who will act as your point of contact
- Enhanced donor status, as a part of a global community that is committed to strengthening eye care systems around the world
- A welcome package with contact information, membership information and special gift
- Annual statement for tax preparation
Legally blind herself, Deb could relate to the struggles associated with cataracts and vision loss, and wanted to give back.
She could not believe how simple it was to give a person in the developing world the opportunity to regain their sight.Read Her Story
A 10-minute, $25 surgery restores sight to the needlessly blind
Eighty percent of blindness can be treated or prevented
Needlessly blind cataract patients still await care
Since 1995, HCP & partners have performed over 740,000 surgeries in the developing world